Monday, January 4, 2010

Unempolyment nightmare!

WOW! It comes every Monday and it takes me about 3 hours!! Good thing I don't have a job! Is anyone else out there on unemployment and thinks certifying would be easier if I went to the office?

First, I try and log in for a good hour. Once logged into to this fabulous site I then must hope my computer will no kick me out! The entire process would take about 10 minutes if the site every worked correctly. I wonder how many other people have this same problem. I also wonder exactly how many people are certifying on Monday? Is it 1,000 or 10,000!

Today was even worse the site was down. You would think this great state could at least put something on their website that says Hey I DON'T WORK TODAY YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL!! No, that would be way too easy. Instead I have to call at least 20 times and try and get through to talk to someone then ,I have to call and use the automated service which takes another 20 calls. I forgot to mention that I was on hold for about 20 minutes and I got another call. Being stupid I thought I would answer really quick…guess what happen? Someone answers while I am on the other line...

Deborah answerers the phone with an attitude and ask me what I want. Well I need to reset me fuckin password because I always file online, which you encourage. WTF!!!!! So after 2 hours my back hurts from sitting in this chair and I finally will get the benefits!!!

Maybe it is easier to find a JOB! I think I should go take a nap!!!

1 comment:

  1. So Monday (last week) I am at your place on the computer and on the phone attempting to resolve MY unemployment BS all before Joe's flight comes in. I talk to a guy who is extremely helpful and tells me that I need to go into the office, request a reinstatement and voila, I will get my money.

    Joe lands safely, Tuesday afternoon, you drop me off at the IDES on Lawrence, I sit, I wait and voila, I get to speak to someone who tells me, "Absolutely no problem. We will file your reinstatement and your BACK funds will be released within 2-3 business days. Also, do not forget to call on Monday the 4th of January to complete your usual Teleserve Certification so that your NORMAL funds will be released to you on Wednesday the 6th" YAY! Easy enough! Have a great day!!!

    So, I wait, realizing one of those those 2-3 business days lands on a holiday so...I wait. Yesterday, day 3, still no BACK funds in the bank but, no worries. I call Teleserve, complete my STANDARD certification call for my REGULAR benefits and await those funds for release on Wednesday. Hopeful that the BACK funds will come in the interim. Today, day 4 of those 2-3 business days and still no BACK funds. Still, no money. I call the Extended Benefits "Hotline" and speak to another gentleman who looks up my info and tells me that, while my Monday certification was completed and the STANDARD funds will be realeased to me on schedule, tomorrow, Wednesday the 6ht, he cannot "see" anyhting in the system with regard to BACK funds. He then provides me TWO telephone numbers for Ajudication Officers from my local offices and requests I contact them for further instruction.

    I call the first number...NOT IN SERVICE. Thank goodness I have a second number. I call the second number...NOT IN SERVICE. OK! WTF!!!!

    I call BACK the Extended Benefits Hotline and speak with Trudy- a very nice gal- who proceeds to tell me that the Reinstatement Claim I filed IN PERSON LAST TUESDAY was NEVER filed. She also said that if she files it from her offices now and if the jackass (that is my word NOT Trudy's)decides to file my claim from HIS office today (one week after he was supposed to file it) that the 2 separate files will cancel each other out and I will have to start over. NO F'ING WAY!!! So, she said that she will get her supervisor to call Lawrence, destroy the Reinstatement that was never filed so that Trudy can file hers and my funds will be released. So...again, I wait!!! I'd take a nap but I'm hanging with my neice and nephew!!!

    ReplyDelete